Saturday, April 13, 2013

They Invite, We Commit, They Follow Up

PI is the axis on which the curriculum of the MTC turns. Accordingly, I have been wrestling with how to make PI more effective. Recently I felt an impression in my personal study to read 1 Nephi 1 as my progressing investigator, since that was what I'd committed to do in the previous PI. It was amazing: the next lessons were very natural and powerful. I even learned something different for each of the companionships teaching me. All because I actually kept my commitment.

I wonder if anyone else would like to infuse similar activities into their own personal studies. I read my notes from the last PI, then pray, then read whatever the missionaries left. Any other ideas would be very much appreciated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Johnathon,
There are a few teachers in my zone that have done similar and have great experiences as well. I love that you are doing that. Would you be interested in letting me use my autonomy project with yours. I am currently recording lessons missionaries have with their investigators and then allowing them to watch it afterwards as a part of their feedback. I feel that if the teachers are having real experiences by really keeping the commitments missionaries will be able to SEE conversion happen more fully. My Number is 801-814-3895 if what i said did not make sense:) Let me know and we can plan a time to join up and try it out. Thanks.