My dear friends!
Ever since I have started being taught as a progressing investigator as part of the missionaries' curriculum here at the MTC I have wanted to know what kind of an investigator I should be. Should I accept the invitation the be baptized with ease? Should I have doctrinal or social concerns? Did I attend church last week? I imagine many of us have asked similar questions.
Well I'd like to find out just what effect our answers to these questions have on the missionaries' progress and understanding of the curriculum during their short stay with us.
Therefore, I would like to enlist your help.
This week I am floating, and while doing so I would love to watch as much PI as I possibly can. I'd also like to ask you some questions about how you perceive your investigator and I'd like to ask your missionaries some questions about how they perceive your investigator. I'd then, as the missionaries progress, like to return to you and ask about the missionaries progress in particular areas related to the needs of your investigator and the needs that the missionaries perceived in your investigator in order to determine if the missionaries better understood the process of conversion by teaching you.
I hope that that makes sense. This week will be a trial run to see if I can figure out the right questions to ask. If anyone else who is floating would like to help me with this project let me know and I'd love to discuss it and find out what more you think I can do. Feel free to email me, comment on this post, or find me while I'm prepping (usually in the South computer lab on the third floor, or in my classroom, 4M-309). Also, please be willing to let me join you in your PI appointments.
Thanks!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great idea, Justin. And an important little "investigation." I definitely agree that we-- as a group and as individual teachers-- need to figure out how best use the Progressing Investigator component in the curriculum. This is especially true considering the shift to the two-week curriculum places more emphasis on the PI appointments with the teachers than the TRC.
All that said, I'll definitely be curious to hear what questions you come up with. My only suggestion at this point is to refer to all the material that we have regarding PI (beit in the the blue manual, Lisanne's continental shift email, or even the TRC website), and became very literate as to the purpose/objective of the PI component of the MTC experience. From there, I think you'll start to get a feel for the kinds of questions you'll need to ask.
I'm also floating this week, but I plan to spend most of it in 11M helping out a new teacher. If you ever want a sounding board, feel free to either track me down in there (I'll be in 11M-241) or send me a text or email.
Good luck!
Post a Comment